Two favourite American classics, one from Ford and one from Chevy, tied to guide the Mecum public sale in Orlando, Florida, this previous weekend, which scored an 80 % gross sales fee and $35 million in complete outcomes.
The auction-topping 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 and customized 1961 Chevrolet Corvette every bought at Mecum for $352,000 (all outcomes embody public sale charges).
The July 28-31 public sale was initially deliberate as a three-day sale however Mecum added one other day to accommodate the greater than 1,000 collector automobile, truck and bike consignments, of which 850 bought.
Corvettes comprised half of Mecum’s top-10 gross sales outcomes, with a 1963 split-window coupe promoting for $324,500 and a 1966 coupe going for $297,000. The subsequent highest vendor was a customized, one-of-a-kind a 1987 Porsche 930 Turbo “Slantnose” that bought for $286,000.
Different Corvettes that cracked the highest 10 have been a 1967 L89 convertible that went for $264,000 and a 1962 convertible that bought for $203,500.
The highest-10 highest-selling vehicles for Mecum’s Summer season Particular public sale have been:
1. 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 fastback at $352,000
2. 1961 Chevrolet Corvette convertible at $352,000
3. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette split-window coupe at $324,500
4. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette coupe at $297,000
5. 1987 Porsche 930 Turbo Slantnose at $286,000
6. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L89 convertible at $264,000
7. 2017 Dodge Viper SRT GTC coupe at $247,500
8. 1967 Shelby GT500 fastback at $231,000
9. 2021 Dodge Challenger Drag Pak at $209,000
10. 1962 Chevrolet Corvette convertible at $203,500
(Costs embody purchaser’s charge.)
Mecum returns for Monterey Automobile Week in California with its Daytime Public sale to be held August 12-14, that includes about 600 automobiles that embody an award-winning 1936 Delahaye Kind 135 Competitors Courtroom Teardrop Coupe by Figoni et Falaschi, and “the final Cobra,” the 2004 Shelby Cobra V10 prototype. For extra info, go to the Mecum web site.